The spokesperson for the National Guard, Houssem Eddine Jbabli, said Thursday, April 3, 2025 that the intervention of the security forces in Sfax concerning migrants in an irregular situation from sub-Saharan Africa aimed to protect the dispatched team on the spot, made up of members of the Tunisian Red Red Crescent, doctors and civil protection agents in direct contact with them.
In an interview with national television, he added that the makeshift camps installed by these migrants now represented a threat to social peace, both in terms of security, health and living in addition to several cases of attacks against public and private goods.
He also pointed out that this question was closely followed by the President of the Republic, Kaïs Saïed, in his capacity as supreme leader of the armed forces, through meetings with security officials in order to find alternative solutions and promote their voluntary return to their countries of origin.
Jbabli said that contacts were underway with international organizations and partner countries in order to organize an air bridge for migrants wishing to return voluntarily, in a safe and human rights approach, in accordance with international conventions on freedoms.
On the other hand, he specified that the migrants involved in acts of violence and damage to property were subject to forced or incarcerated expulsions in Tunisian prisons.
Furthermore, he stressed that no attempt to infiltrate migrants from sub-Saharan Africa had been recorded from the start of the year until the end of March, whether by the western borders or in the southeast of the country, thanks to the strategy put in place by the security forces and the army.
The article Sub -Saharians file: Tunisia is taking action appeared first on webdo.